How to postpone period?

Sep 2012

i want to delay my menses as i am going on vacation
Posted Mon, 31 Dec 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 37 minutes later

Thank you for posting a query.

You have not provided your age.

First you have to calculate the expected date of your next period. If you sexually active and taking any oral contraceptive agent, then you should continue the drug without any gap.

If you are not taking any pill, you should take norethisterone group of drug starting 3 days before the date of expected period. Continue it for the days you want to delay your period. Then stop the medicine and wait for 7 days. Withdrawal bleeding will occur within this time period.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.