How to overcome myself from a broken relationship?

Hello doctor
hope you are doing well. I'm a 21 years old guy studying in Canada. I really need your rational opinion in this case which bothers me so much. I met a girl and we were in a relationship together. I introduced her to my friends and we all became good friends together. After a while i felt that she is not the right partner. we broke up as i felt that it would be better decision than being together. One of my very close friends started to to approach her and now they are together all the time as i see them always together at university and outdoor places.I feel very oppressed from the disposal of my friend and my ex girlfriend. I'm not sure if they are in a relationship or just friends.They have also tried to sabotage my relationship with my other friends.i need your rational opinion to overcome this issue and forget about them especially my ex who sometimes i feel that i miss her :)
Posted Sun, 17 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Try to forget ex, make new friends devote to goals

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to health care magic.
Your your relationship to your ex girlfriend is not due to love but due to a superficial attachment. Now you are feeling jealous of your ex and your friend being together because you think that you should have been with her rather than your friend.
You are a bit inexperienced and new chick on the dais and such feelings are very common at your age.
When your ex girlfriend was with you, you have observed her closely and you had come to a conclusion to discontinue the relationship with her. Maybe that was a more rational and more right decision. Now you are feeling a sense of loss because she is roaming around with some other guy this is due to the possesive nature of male. Please come out of this feeling, there are lots of good girls around you can find a partner who understands you and can adjust with you comfortably. Try to avoid your ex girlfriend as far as possible even if you happen to face her then just exchange greetings with her as if she is just anyone of your other friends.
Meanwhile try to forget the things of past and get devoted to your studies and make a routine of life including exercises and outings to keep you happy and absorbed so that you find less idle time to think of your ex to disturb your train of thoughts.
I hope the advise will be helpful for you and you will overcome this turmoil.