How to overcome deficiency of protein in blood after being diagnosed with anemia?

ive been diagnosed of having anemia then i had 22 small bruises on my legs then when i went to the doctor she advice me to have a blood smear and the result was my cells are easily raptured and my cells shape is teardrops..then she told me that i need an hematologist to have a treatment..i was so confused about it...and as far as i know ive done 3 blood transfussion before when i had a surgery and when i gave birth then they said the proteins in my blood are not ihave a disease? or is my blood disorder can lead to blood cancer/leukemia
Posted Sun, 15 Dec 2013 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Disease present Detailed Answer: Dear patient, Thanks for the query. Indeed, by the description and abnormal cells, it appears that indeed you have a pathologic condition, a disease of the blood and/or bone marrow; the tear drop cells are non-specific, can be seen in some myelodysplastic syndromes such as myelofibrosis, liver disease, and some forms of leukemias. A specific diagnosis will need an updated peripheral smear and a bone marrow biopsy with special stains. Your hematologist will orchestrate that. Hope that helps, wish you the best, Dr Brenes-Salazar MD Mayo Clinic MN