How to make a child drink milk?

General Surgeon
Hello Doctor, I have 22 months old daughter, she is active & normal .However she is reluctant to drink plain milk .Kindly advice if any of these drinks like horlicks,bournvita could help?
Posted Sun, 2 Mar 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Horlicks addition may be beneficial Detailed Answer: Hi Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Dear Mr XXXXXXX Being a parent myself and a Pediatric Surgeon, I am well aware of your apprehension and concern. Milk forms a important component of duet in children especially due to its nutritional value. Many of the children usually have disliking for plain milk. Milk may be rendered more attractive by adding artificial stuff like horlicks. Alternatively saffron and cardamom may also be added to give colour and taste. Either ways give some freedom to child. Communicate to her in her own language. I also advise parents to prepare two cups of milk, one for parents and other for kid. They do respond to it and happily drink with parents. Wishing you a very happy parenthood. In case you require any further assistance, will be glad to assist you. Take care Best Regards Dr Deepak Kishore MBBS, MS, MCH Consultant Pediatric Surgeon