How to maintain erection with pinched nerve in back?

HIV AIDS Specialist
I believe I have a pinched nerve in my back that is causing me to have erectile dysfunction. I have had multiple girlfriend in the past with no issues for many years, but about 9 months ago I hurt my back and ever since then I have had issues keeping an erection for a sustained amount of time. When I hurt my back I couldn't even put my own shoes on and had to have a roommate help me. But the pain subsided and I went on without doctors help because I have no health insurance. Do you think something is really wrong width me? Or is it just mental incompetence? and I am only 27 can you please help? My email address is YYYY@YYYY
Posted Mon, 30 Dec 2013 in Erectile Dysfunction
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: No neural damage. Easy to cure by therapy Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for posting your query. I can understand your problem. The difficulty in maintaining the erection is not due to your back problem. The back problem you had following a hurt has something to do with muscles, ligaments or rarely due to bony part and not due to the neural part. If it is concerned with nerves then your parts below the injury totally could not be used and paralyzed. You can not walk, control urinary bladder and bowel. If the nerves affected then there will not be erection at all, no movements. Yours as you told that you are not able to sustain your erection. It is totally due to your psychological depression following your previous failure or some sort of difficult experience you had or may be due to your misconception about your sexual attitude or some guilt complex. So your nerves had not been damaged. If you meet a sexologist he will be able to analyze your problem and clear your problem with psycho-sexual therapy and appropriate medicines. You are just 29. It will be easy to solve your problem. Nothing to worry. Dr S.Murugan