How to lower the constant mild high fasting blood sugar?

Hello, my fasting blood sugar is constantly between 105 and 110 everytime I have it checked.... [I know of supplements that can help lower it]
Posted Thu, 26 Dec 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 35 hours later
Brief Answer: cinnamon and chrominum may help Detailed Answer: HI, thanks for using healthcare magic Diabetes can be diagnosed by an elevated fasting blood sugar, increased 2 hour post meals or increased HbA1c. A normal fasting blood sugar is less than 99 or less , prediabetes is diagnosed when the fasting is greater than 100 to 125 AND diabetes if it is greater than 126. Prediabetes means a person does not have diabetes as yet but is at increased risk of developing it at some point. If a person is a known diabetic then the aim is for the fasting between 70 to 130. A 2 hour reading of greater than 200 is diagnostic of diabetes. If you are a known diabetic then your reading is in a good range. If you are not a known diabetic then your fasting readings are in the prediabetic range. This means that you are not a diabetic but you are at risk of developing diabetes. The levels can be reduced by diet and exercise. YOu can reduce your use of carbohydrates by reducing sodas, fruit drinks, pasta, rice, potatoes. This would cause a reduction in your blood sugars. IN terms of supplements cinnamon and chrominum are thought to help lower blood sugar. I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions