How to loose weight after an abortion?

Question
Hi Doctor, I had an abortion 7 days ago (3-4 weeks preg). Since then I have gained almost 10 pounds. Is this normal? What can I do to loose the weight (I'm exercising and eating right)? Thank you,
Posted Fri, 21 Feb 2014 in Menstruation and Miscarriage

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 30 minutes later
Brief Answer: Thyroid abnormality can be the cause. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX It is not normal to gain so much weight after abortion. It could be because of pregnancy itself. kindly get checked if the abortion is complete by a CHECK SCAN. If the scan is normal, then the weight gain could be due to some other causes like, thyroid abnormalities. Also please check your blood pressure and blood sugar levels, as these abnormalities can be the cause. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!

Follow-up: How to loose weight after an abortion? 5 minutes later
Thank you for your answer. What do you recommend for bloating and to bring my uterus back to normal? Thank you,

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 19 hours later
Brief Answer: Bloating is not due to uterus. Detailed Answer: Hello, I apologize for the late response; I was away from my computer due to unavoidable reasons. Coming back to your question, bloating of abdomen is not due to uterus volume. It is usually due to the abdominal fat. You need to do some abdominal exercises to reduce this bloating. Also modify your diet, better to consult a fitness expert and dietician. You can also use a ABDOGRIP abdominal belt for temporary relief. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!