How to lighten a dark scar on nose?

How to lighten a dark scar on my noise to match my skin tone. Caused from car accident then surgery scar is 10 years old. Surgery took care of the keloid. But its still dark makeing it noticeable
Posted Mon, 17 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Approach from different aspects Detailed Answer: Hello sir and welcome. Thank you for writing to us. Well as this is an old surgical scar, there will have to be more than one approach to neutralize the skin tone in this region. I shall list out all the recommendations I have for you, they are: -Diet including papaya which helps in skin rejuvination and exfoliation -Local application of home remedies: a. Lemon juice b. Aloe vera c. Onion juice plus vinegar d. Castor oil make sure all these home remedies are applied on a clean and dry area -Avoid smoking -Avoid prolonged exposure to the sun -Products/creams that have to be prescribed by a doctor: There are various products available to help with skin lightening of such regions as yours, they usually contain vitamin A, hydroquinone, retinol, glycolic acid, etc. Please consult a dermatologist who in my opinion will be the best guide to help rid you of this problem. I hope you find my response helpful sir. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you. Best wishes.