How to know if health is improving from Hypothyroidism when on thyronorm?

For last 2 monhs in am suffering from Hypo- Thyroid. I m taking Thyronorm 25mcg for the same . how can i find is it recover or not.
Posted Mon, 16 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 5 days later
Brief Answer: Symptom improvement is the best indicator.... Detailed Answer: Hi, Apologies for the late reply. I understand you are recently diagnosed to have hypothyroidism and would want to be off medicine. However most often supplement need to be given for long time even life long. As to how you know whether you are improving or not; the best indicator is improvement in the current set of symptoms. That being said, you need to know that increased body weight (over weight / obesity), dry skin, menstrual irregularities, hair loss and depressive mood are some of the common symptoms of hypothyroidism. As your thyroid hormones stabilizes there should be some improvement in your symptoms. You should also be aware that palpitation, nervousness, anxiety, perspiration are few symptoms of over active thyroid. If you notice any of these, you need to get your thyroid function tested before reducing / stopping thyronorm. Objectively, TSH level should fall back to normal limits if you are recovering from hypothyroidism. I hope I have comprehensively answered your question. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards