How to know if a child has been doped?

Feb 2013

I am worried that my 30 month old daughter is being doped before she has access visits. I pick her up at 9am and she is asleep by 930-10am and sleeps for 3-4 hours how can I check to see if she is being doped
Posted Sun, 2 Jun 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 1 hour later

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

I need further details about your worries on your child being doped.

How is it happening?

What is meant by doping in your view?

Who is doing the doping?

How do you come to the opinion of being doped?

If you are strongly suspecting of doping of your daughter, inform this issue immediately to the pediatrician and legal authorities, so that they will check and investigate in to this issue with appropriate methods.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know in the next follow up query along with the details I have asked.

Follow-up: How to know if a child has been doped? 1 hour later
I believe that my daughter is being given some form of child medication before a visit such as panadol or nurofen children pain reliever by her mother.

TJ is lethargic non responsive, clingy and sleeps in excess of 3 hours in the morning. The mother claims that her routine is that she wakes between 6-7am plays has some breakfast plays more has lunch and has a 1 1/2 to 2 hour afternoon nap.

I want to know what is a less invasive procedure to test if TJ is being administered some form of medication causing her to sleep or if she has some un-diagnosed medical issue.
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 12 minutes later

Thank you for getting back.

Panadol contains acetaminophen, nurofen contains ibuprofen and they do not cause drowsiness and sleepiness.

Some times children will sleep in the morning if they didn't get sufficient sleep in the last night.

If you still suspects abnormality with child drowsiness, lethargy, and sleepiness I advise you to consult the pediatrician as early as possible for the physical examination of the child.

If there is any abnormality in child health status, physical examination by pediatrician will rule out the underlying problem.

If pediatrician suspects any sedative medication administration depending on his clinical findings he will order appropriate tests to find out the reason.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.

I wish your daughter TJ a good health.