How to keep blood sugar level in control?

hi i am testing my hb1ac every 3 months .since 2years when i have placed 2stents on lad during a routine control /i am taking plavix /lipitor 80/ vastarel35/ my cholesterol since than 110/ trig 75/ my hb1ac was min5,95 and XXXXXXX 6,4/ i am exercising 5 days a week and taking care to have a very healthy food /am not taking any medicines for prediabets my question is at what level the blood sugar can start to affect my heart arteries.. i mean i am always testing my blood sugar after 2 hours and it is always under 140 .. but my concern is during the 2hours if my blood sugar goes to 180 for half an hour or more could this affect ???? would apreciate your reply
Posted Tue, 11 Feb 2014 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 8 hours later
Brief Answer: Pre diabetes can have same complications as diabe. Detailed Answer: Dear sir, Hi! I really appreciate your concern and your efforts. as to what level the sugars are harmful, the cut off is fasting 126mg/dl and post meal 200mg/dl. besides fasting between 100 -126mg/dl and post meal 140-200mg / dl will have progressive deleterious effects. if your hba1c is well controlled and also fasting and pp then you need not worry. but if sugars are going upto 180 then either take smaller meal or start medicines like voglibose or metformin.