How to increase weight in toddlers?

my daughter's birth wt was 3kg. Now she is 2.7yrs ,body wt is 9.9kgs, HT 88.5cm.She is active,playful & physically fit.But i m worried about her body wt.Can you give any suggestions?
Posted Sat, 4 Jan 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 25 minutes later
Brief Answer: relax Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for your query. I understand your concern. Normally weight of child triples birth weight by 1year of age. At her age her weight should have been about 12 kg. Her height is as per her age. I suggest you to improve her diet. Give balanced diet having cereals,pulses,vegetables,fruit,milk and milk products,eggs. Add butter or ghee to her meals. Give nuts. Avoid all kind if junk food items. Since she us active so nothing to worry. Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have any further question. Wishing your baby good health. God bless...
Follow-up: How to increase weight in toddlers? 44 hours later
Her diet is almost as per your chart. 1.But can you give the proper quantity & timings.I think her quantity is low. 2.can you please mention specially the breakfast menu? I give pediasure health drink 3 scoop with 2 biscuits & banana.Then she goes to school, at 12: 30- 12:45 noon she takes her lunch. 3.want to know the quantity of pediasure.
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: hi Detailed Answer: Thanks for your follow up. -give milk two times a morning with 2 to 3 scoop of pediasure . -two serving of fruit in a day. -half plate of rice with 2 chappaties in a day. -one katori of pulses with one katori of vegetables. -curd half katori.. -eggs and non veg at least 3 times a week. In between main meals you can give oats,dhalia. Give 4to 5 soaked almonds in morning. Give plenty of fluids. Hope this helps. Take care..