How to increase physical growth in my child suffering from infection and swelling in eyelid and face?

Feb 2013

my son "Mayukh" is 7 years old he is suffering from infection ( cough & cold ) swelling of face and eyelid at an regular interval, it is also apprehended that his physical growth is not upto mark but mentally he is very active please suggest what should i do.
Posted Fri, 10 Jan 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: Look for any allergy. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic. Frequent cold and cough at regular intervals along with swelling of face and eyelids could be due to a seasonal allergic manifestation or due to some food allergy. Observe carefully for such an allergy by noting down the onset of symptoms in relation to exposure to seasons, foods, and common allergens such as cold air, dust, pet animals, and plants. If you find any predisposing allergic factor, try to avoid it by taking precautions. And encourage the child to maintain a good hand hygiene by washing with a liquid soap. Coming to his physical growth, if you provide his present weight and height, it is more helpful for me to compare these details with the use of growth charts. Give him a well balanced home made diet and you can add edible oil or ghee to make the food items more calorie dense. Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know. Regards.