How to increase my height and weight?

Hi Doctor!! i'm 5'5 and weighing 56 age of 24, i'll feel very weak often and i would like put soome weight and height too pls suggest
Posted Mon, 24 Mar 2014 in Weight
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 48 minutes later
Brief Answer: Height is not possible, healthy weight possible Detailed Answer: Hi I am sorry to say that you would not be grow in height naturally after 18 yrs. The epiphysis (growth plates) of long bones are fused by then. So I suggest you concentrate on putting healthy weight. Healthy weight is about growing muscle and active aerobics. You need help of physical trainer and dietitian both of them to help you. You can start taking more protein and fat to replace refined carbohydrates. I mean you should talk to Dietitian about protein rich food and good fat (MUFA and PUFA) You should replace white bread, white rice, potato, refined flour and have whole carbohydrates. Same time legumes, peas, dried seeds, dry fruit are very healthy fats. You should also look at lean meat, egg protein etc to increase protein intake. Exercise - 3 times a week, muscle strengthening exercises, 5 days a week, 30 minutes of jog / walk / swim. Once you achieve this exercise tolerance level you should speak to dietitian for a plan and menu parallely.