How to increase height?

Hi please help me,my son is 17 years old turning 18 but his height is only 5.2 or 5.3 and not increasing inspite of me trying with milk ,organic whey etc powder,healthy eating,what should I do ,has he stopped growing,how to increase height,all suggestions are appreciated,will his height increase,all his classmates are much taller than him
Posted Fri, 7 Mar 2014 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 49 minutes later
Brief Answer: Final ht.depends on ht.of parents & not food alone Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for your query. The final height of your son depends on the genetic makeup which has been provided by the parents rather than only on the food and supplements. Yes, a good balanced diet shall certainly help but that is not the only thing to help. Your son's classmates may be taller because of their genetic make-up. I suggest that you keep a record of your son's height. You will notice that it will increase but the rate of increase shall now slow down till the growth stops at around 21 years of age. I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please feel free to revert back in case you need any clarifications or if you would like to share more facts. Wishing your son all the best. Regards, Rajiv K Khandelwal