How to increase chances of conception with irregular periods?

Mar 2016

I am a 24 year old female. 5' 6" and 125 lbs. I am vegan and I have irregular periods. My husband and I want to start trying for a baby on our Honeymoon in May. What, if anything, can I do to increase chances of conception?
Posted Mon, 6 Jan 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. S Patra 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: DETAILS ARE GIVEN BELOW. FOLLOW THE GUIDELINE. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us on Healthcare Magic. Follow this guideline which helps you to maximize the chance of pregnancy: 1) First of all, you need to regularize your period for successful conception. Some underlying causes could be hormonal imbalance, mental stress, Poly Cystic Ovary, pelvic infection, anemia, irregular diet etc. Relevant investigations are required to carry out after clinical evaluation. These include pelvic ultrasound scan, blood prolactin level & Hb%, hormone test - LH/ FSH, thyroid profile etc. You need to take cyclical PROGESTERONE pill and other supportive treatment to regularize your monthly cycle. Kindly, consult with GYNECOLOGIST for proper guidance on above mentioned tests and complete prescription. 2) Do unprotected sex without any contraceptive method close to ovulation day (14 days prior to next due date) or fertile days (12th to 18th day of each 28 - 30 days regular cycle) for at least 6 to 12 months. You can use ovulation prediction kit or LH kit to predict ovulation day in mid cycle. It is available in all medical store. 3) You must take a healthy balanced diet with more fresh fruits and vegetables. Low carbohydrate diet is preferable. Take vitamin-E and Folic acid supplements for 3 months in preconception period and there after. 4) Do light to moderate exercise for physical fitness, weight control and avoid mental stress completely by regular meditation/ yoga. Maintain a healthy life style always. Hope, I have guided you with my experience. If you need any clarification, you can freely ask me. Wish your good health and take care yourself. Regards, Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through WWW.WWWW.WW