Ask a Dentist   »  

How to improve whitening of teeth and breath smell?

I need to know the best way for whitining my teeth & if that wil lead to more senistivity.
Also I don't like the smell of my mouth specially when I wake up although I brush my teeth 3 to 5 times a day.
Posted Wed, 12 Dec 2012 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Gunjan Gupta 1 hour later

Thanks for writing in.
First of all i would like to tell you about whitening teeth.

Teeth whitening known as bleaching.Bleaching is a cosmetic procedure,but it is not recommended for every one.
Ideally bleaching is recommended for healthy unrestored (with out filling) teeth.

There are so following methods of teeth bleaching-
1.Whitening tooth pastes.

2.Over the counter gels.

6.Zoom bleaching.etc......
Zoom bleaching is the latest method of bleaching.It is less time consuming(around 30-60 mins) one sitting bleaching method,but it is costly(20-30 thousands).And its results last for 2 years or more.

Now we will talk about smell coming from your mouth.
Firstly i will suggest you brush twice daily,you do not need to brush 3-5 times a day.
Reasons for smell can be following-
1. Poor oral hygiene.
2. Decayed teeth.etc.....

So i will suggest you visit a dentist in your area and get the scaling done once and after scaling get your teeth filled if any?
Because in decayed teeth bits of food get accumulated and if it is not removed after brushing it will cause infection in that area and cause smell from that area.

Nothing to get worried take a proper action according to your need.
Hope this answered your query,if you have further any doubt please feel free to ask.
Take Care.
Dr. Gunjan Gupta