How to improve my body weight?

Ayurveda Specialist
Hi sir, im XXXXX i need improve my body weight because mine weight is 58kg and 24 years so pls let me some good helth tips for impove my weight,
Posted Tue, 17 Dec 2013 in Ayurveda
Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 2 hours later
Brief Answer: need more details Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXXXX Thanks for contacting Ayurveda with your health query and following points need evaluation from your side for better suggestions and Ayurveda approach 1.What is your assessment of weight loss:[as it is written "im very slim"] whether it is lost grossly or it is a small weight loss? And what is the relationship of APPETITE with Weight loss i.e. is appetite increased or decreased with weight loss??? 2. Any history of addiction to alcohol or drugs, malbsorption syndromes? 3. Was examination for Hb%, WBC, ESR, FBS & Urine Routine been done? 4. Although Age is mentioned, but you have not mentioned the HEIGHT, which will help to assess the Body mass index (BMI) 5. Not getting enough sleep and not drinking enough water are also contributory factors in not gaining weight [any associated mental stress or under hydration]? Your Nutritional Status please revert back with following concerns for Ayurveda Dietary Regime and Medicines. Dr. Munish Sood Consultant & Physician Naimittika
Follow-up: How to improve my body weight? 21 hours later
Deaer sir , my Hight is 5.6 f and i dont have any habits like smoma og drik but i wil drik only wine not regurarly week onec thats it , my urin color is yellow and i need increage my wieght up to 5 to 6 kgs,(minie wieght 58) pls do the need full, i have fit body i have 6 packs allso but it not enough for me,
Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Dietary Regime and Lifestyle Management Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXXXX Thanks for reverting back with your clarifications 1.Computing your BMI [body mass index] according to height and weight it comes out to be 20.7 [which falls in normal weight category according to parameters of Healthy weight] 2.Since you are into body building [gymnasium] which means your body requires extra energy to maintain and sustain muscle mass and body needs, thus following Dietary Regime and Lifestyle management is initiated. 3.Before starting medicine following guidelines which I tell my patient is/are i.Make powder of raw mango seed and take 250mg with yogurt or water empty stomach in morning for three days and start practicing Yogasanas, [of your choice] and Surya-namaskar ii.Avoid: heavy, slimy food along with fetid odor and unpleasant sight and TAKE old rice (1 year old but not diseased), green gram, fresh green vegetables, banana, pomegranate, garlic,ginger,raisins,black pepper, clarified butter, butter milk, with regular brushing of teeth and tongue cleaning, bathing, lemon,salt,mint,morning walk. iii.Eat a variety of nutrient rich food but who have some added advantage like: Cabbage (cholesterol lowering benefits), carrot (helps in liver detoxification), cauliflower (ideal against abdominal problems), dates (best for muscle development), and onions (contains flavinoids which protect against cardiovascular disease), garlic (has broad spectrum antibiotic properties) iv.Take protein rich diet :legumes, sprouted pulses/cereals, milk with protein v.Take vitamin A, B, C, E in diet which helps in strengthening the immune system. 4.Take self expressed juice of white onion 6ml with honey in morning and good sleep after meals. [In Ayurveda we hold that people when doing everything right, takes SLEEP regularly and that too after food he becomes FAT, so have a good stress free sleep after meals to gain weight]. 5.Principle is to have well balanced diet with more of proteins and more Calories with exercise, take more of cereals, legumes, daal, egg, and eat fresh fruits regularly with sweet pulp like (banana, mango, chickoos, and grapes) 6.Take banana, black grapes,orange,spinach,ginger,tomatoes, curd, take diet rich in vitamin C (Citrus fruits) and vitamin E (sunflower seeds, almonds,apricots,peanuts) which are rich in anti oxidants and thus helps in improvement of Thymus function (associated with Immunity.) 7.Eat mixture of amla powder ½ spoons with 4 spoons of honey. DAILY REGIME: i. Don’t skip breakfastTake your lunch between 12 -1 PM which is the peak period of Pitta (responsible for digestion)have your dinner 2 hours before sleeping. ii. Make sure you do not travel, do strenuous exercise, or indulge in sexual activities within one hour after meal iii. Proper sleep with proper diet is the key to healthy living in Ayurveda. iv. Avoid smoking, alcohol, caffeine, eating late at night, stress, and drink water instead of colas. v. Practice Yoga, Meditation and go for an exercise regime.. vi. Walk a while after meal to help digestion. PS. Some of the prescription medicines available for gaining weight in Ayurveda are: brahmi XXXXXXX [gurukul kangri], drakshojem [bajaj], XXXXXXX kalp royal [baidyanath], kesarvilas avleha [chirayu], angoorassav-shuddha shilajeet [zandu], ashwagandha preparations. . Mine successful prescription is giving agni XXXXXXX vati [prepared by myself] along with ashvagandha preparartion. If interested I can courier you the medicine [at your discretion]. Dr. Munish Sood Naimittika