How to heal the hole caused by popped sebaceous cyst?

I have a sebaceous cyst that recently has popped. I did not have it lanced but am on bactrim. The cyst has left a hole in my back about the circumference of a dime. Will that hole naturally close and heal? I just have gauze on it now.
Posted Sat, 21 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 39 minutes later
Brief Answer: Sebaceous cyst should be excised. Detailed Answer: Hi, The cheesy material with pus might be removed from hole on the cyst. But , after healing or closing of the hole, the cyst would develop again. So I advise for complete excision of the cyst. The excision is simple OPD procedure done under local anaesthesia. So, I hope you got my answer. Hole may be closed by drugs or naturally ,but slowly. But may recur. So complete excision of the cyst should be done. You may have to consult a dermatologist. If you have any query, you may ask. Thanks. Dr. Ilyas Patel MD
Follow-up: How to heal the hole caused by popped sebaceous cyst? 20 minutes later
Thank you. I will have the cyst removed.....but just to clarify, the existing hole that is there right now should be able to close naturally...albeit over a few days?
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 6 minutes later
Brief Answer: You continue to take medicines. Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome back. For closing the hole, you may continue to take antibiotics,anti inflammatory drugs, vitamin C, zinc sulfate, till you feel better. After some time and clearance of infection, you may go for excision of the cyst. thanks. Dr. Ilyas Patel MD