How to handle the problem of pubic pain during pregnancy?

Hello, I am 27 weeks pregnant and having pubic pain for last one week. Pain is severe while changing side at night. I am 33 years old. My height is 5ft 6inch and present weight is 78 kgs. This is my first pregnancy. I didn't face any other complication till now. How to handle this problem? Please answer to my mail id YYYY@YYYY
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 4 hours later

Thanks for your query

Pubic pain during pregnancy can be due to calcium deficiency also.

Are you taking any calcium and Vit D3 preparations ?

Get your ultrasound done. XXXXXXX OS is to be seen on ultrasound for any dilatation or funneling.

You are already taking Duvadilan Retard which is a good drug to prevent premature labour pains.

You can take mefenemic acid and dicyclomine combination for pain.

As you are hypothyroid as well as an asthmatic so consult a physician before taking them.

Hope this answers your query. In case of any doubts, I am available for the follow ups.