How to get rid of white flaky substance inside foreskin?

Dermatologist
Question
hi i had protected sex about 5 weeks back and then again protected sex around 3 weeks back , after sex 3 weeks back i sprinked talc around penis and scrotum to feel good to avoid latex smell of condom , next morning i also washed penis with soap thoroughly. After couple of days it started itching in my penis and around scrotum , retracted foreskin and found white flaky layer with reddish around penis head, i then started washing the penis only with lukewarm water n maintained dry twice every day till now ,Now the itchiness has come down and also the white flaky substance inside foreskin almost gone but still builds up a little. Suggest me on how to go ahead to get rid of this.
Posted Mon, 13 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: You seem to have candidal balanoposthitis. Detailed Answer: Hi, XXXXXXX . It seems that you may be having candidal balanoposthitis. (CBP).. CBP is a fungal infection caused by Candida albicans of prepuce and glans penis. There may be erythematous lesions with whitish flakes. There may be mild itching and burning on glans penis and prepuce. There may be secondary bacterial infection. Rule out DM and HIV infection by blood tests. For that you consult dermatologist and have perfect diagnosis. Avoid soap application on affected area. You may take Sitz bath in dettol containing water. Improve hygiene and immunity. Take antifungal medicines like itraconazole or ketoconazole for 2 weeks. Apply antifungal cream like clotrimazole. Take a short course of antibiotics. Avoid intercourse for few weeks till, you are cured. Continue follow up consultations to your dermatologist to prevent relapse of CBP. I hope you got my answer. Still, any query..you may ask. Thanks with best wishes. Dr. Ilyas Patel MD

Follow-up: How to get rid of white flaky substance inside foreskin? 13 hours later
Had my blood tested and found Negative for HIV, HbsAg & VDRL - Non Reactive. Dr.. sugested to have check Random blood sugar - which resulted 133mg/dl which is in Normal Range. Dr. precsribed Flucanozole 150 mg 2 tabs. And Clotrimazole for application on affected area for 2 weeks. Let me know if this is the way forward. Thanks.

Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 2 hours later
Brief Answer: You may continue prescribed drugs. Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome back. I prescribe two tab of fluconazole 150 twice a week for 4 weeks. This is the genuine or standard therapy. Please let your doctor know and get this prescribed. And continue clotrimazole cream to apply. If there is relapse, repeat the course. Thanks. Dr. Ilyas Patel MD