How to get rid of smoking?

hello doctor ,i am 28 years old male.i am a chain smoker on last 10 years.every day i smoking 20 i want to reduce my smoking habbits.but iam not ablr to reduce fully now i smoke 10 cigerets every day.could you please let me know i leave the habbits give some sugessions.kindy give some suggession for food methodologists.if i running the thread mill iam not able to run atleast 30 minutes.please some food tips for this problem.let me know how to improve my stamina.
Posted Thu, 20 Feb 2014 in Smoking and Alcohol Addiction
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 54 minutes later
Brief Answer: Nicotine de-addiction is important Detailed Answer: Hello, I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through. Nicotine de-addiction is important to kick of the habit of cigarette smoking. I see many such patients in my OPD and its good that you could reduce the number to 10 a day by your self. From now on, it would be wise to decide a specific date on which you want to stop smoking,say 20 Feb 2014. Until then you have to reduce 1 cigarette every two days. When ever you have a feeling to take some extra cigarette then you may chew the nicogum as and when required. If that doesn't help you I would start you on Bupropion 150mg per day. This is a prescription medicine. You can visit a local doctor for a prescription. Hope I am able to answer your concerns. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you. If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback. In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link: Wish you good health, Kind regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.