How to get rid of severe night sweats?

I have very severe night sweats. I am 85 - no other symptoms for 15 years.
Posted Tue, 5 Mar 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 3 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
Drenching night sweats may be because of various reasons like chronic infections, autoimmune disease (which you had already) and cancers. If there are other symptoms like fever, weight loss, loss of appetite, fatigue, etc probability of cancer increases.
You need expert consultation for physical signs, complete blood work and chemistries, chest radiograph and sonography of abdomen to stat with. Then we may take it from there.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for further followup queries, if any.