How to get rid of scalp psoriasis?

How do you get rid of scalp psoriasis? Could I be allergic to shampoo or my own sweat? I have very thick hair. I don't really get it anywhere else. Are there any supplements or diet that help?
Posted Sun, 23 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 54 minutes later
Brief Answer: Psoriasis and it's treatment Detailed Answer: Hi I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same . Now your problem is that of scalp psoriasis. As you already know that this problem has a tendency to recur . There is no single therapy which can guarantee you a total cure for this problem. The only thing that you can do is to keep it under control with regular treatment as and when required. The treatment that you are taking right now is seemingly sufficient . The mainstay of treatment is topical steroids which you are using. Along with it you can use special shampoos which are coal tar based once or twice a week like protar shampoo. Taking oral vitamin a supplements will help in your case. You can take oral aquasol tablets once a day for two weeks. Then with a break of two weeks you can repeat the course once again. Taking foods like eggs , fish and garlic are found to be good and help in reducing the recurrence rates. It has got on relation with hair growth or with sweating or with any allergic tendency. It might not be available as an otc drug there but you can surely discuss regarding its importance in psoriasis and can get a prescription from your treating doctor. In the mean time, you can find out if you get multivitamin supplements otc. You can take them. Remember to include more of vitamin a rich foods in your diet like sweet potato, carrots, mango, green leafy vegetables , fish and apricots. Hope it helps Please ask if you need any further clarifications Dr Geetika Paul