How to get rid of scabs caused due to dry skin? Does warferin for blood clot cause itching all over my body?

i have dry skin on my elbows that has turned into nasty scabs , I keep putting moisterizing cream on but it hasn't helped very much I take warferin each day because I had a clot in my leg but its well supervised, wondering it thats the cause. Also a second question please, I itch from the top of my head to my toes and its driving me "up the thames" I go mad scratching, perhaps that too is caused by warferin. thank you for reading I take puffers for asthma .
Posted Tue, 14 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: Elbow rash and generalized itching Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to healthcare magic, Dry skin over the elbows which has turned into scabs make me think of psoriasis. I cannot say for sure till I see a photo of the rash. You have a feature to upload the images by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your query better. You can also send the image as attachment to YYYY@YYYY , with the subject as 'Attn: Dr. Johny Chacko'. Itching all over the body can be a rare side effect of warfarin. However we should rule out other causes of generalized itching like dryness of skin, hypothyroidism, Diabetes, Chronic Kidney disease, liver disease etc. Hope this helped, Waiting to see the photograph. If you have any clarifications I will be happy to help. Take care.