How to get rid of phlegm when suffering from perspiration?

My sister, age 67 suffers from perspiration, shiver, constant thirst & lack energy. Unable to eat. After eating a small amount of food she feels sick. There is lot of phlegm and she has difficulty in getting rid of. Blood test show no abnormality. Can you help?
Posted Sat, 15 Feb 2014 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Kavita Paul 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Kindly send me her investigations Detailed Answer: Hi, I appreciate your concern for your sister. In case I see such a patient in my clinic, I would like to rule out Thyroid Disorder like thyrotoxicosis, Diabetes Mellitus or some underlying infection. Kindly monitor her body temperature regularly, to look for any fever & monitor her blood pressure and weight. To increase her appetite, kindly give her appetite stimulant with some antacid and antiemetics like domperidon will help with nausea and appetite. To help her phlegm, give her steam inhalation and bronchodilators. The doctor may prescribe further tests for this. If possible, kindly send her investigations and drugs she is taking. Hope it helps. Kindly ask, in case of any clarification. Dr. Kavita Paul