Ask a Urologist   »  

How to get rid of penile lymphocele and prevent its future occurence?

how to get rid of penile lymphocele
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Follow-up: How to get rid of penile lymphocele and prevent its future occurence? 2 minutes later
how can I prevent this in the future, and is there medication
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 25 minutes later
I hope we are not talking about the most common variety of scrotal hydrocoele.
Penile lymphocele is the collection of lymph near the tip of penis specially after masturbation or having sex. Usually it happens when there is a problem in the drainage of lymph in that area. It is a harmless thing and comes and goes with time. At this age lymphatic drainage can be problematic in some areas.
To get rid of it, whenever it appears, just by putting a mild to moderate pressure on the swelling gradually will reduce the problem. To get rid of it permanently, you can avoid having sex or masturbation for 4-6 weeks.
There is no medicine which can prevent its appearance.
You can consult your urologist how to apply pressure on it safely.
I hope you have found my answer and recommendations to be both adequate and helpful. Should you have additional questions I am available to address them.