Ask a Dentist   »  

How to get rid of pale teeth?

Dear Doc., I am a 27 yrs male. I use to brush daily in the morning only. My teeth are pale since teenage. Please advice if without any chemical my teeth can be cleaned. Regards - XXXXXXX
Posted Thu, 28 Mar 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Anshumala Singh 1 hour later

Yes, definitely your teeth can be cleaned by a simple procedure called scaling. There is no chemical used here. It is just water which is released with mild pressure on to the gums, so that any deposits like (calculus & stains) can be removed. This whole procedure is called oral prophylaxis or scaling.

Every person must undergo oral prophylaxis twice in a year to have healthy teeth and gums. I would suggest you to get it done once soon.

I hope this helps.

If you have any doubts, please do let me know.

It’s good that you brush daily but it would be better if you make it twice daily, that is in night after your meals.

Follow-up: How to get rid of pale teeth? 42 minutes later
Hi Doc.,
Thanks for your valuable advise.
Answered by Dr. Anshumala Singh 7 minutes later
Your most welcome.

Thanks for using this service.