How to get rid of painful pimples?

Sep 2012

i am 20 years male college going student,i get these pimple type acne(painful) every week please help me.pimples are painful when they come,they are re din color and be there for atleast 4 days n leave a black impression. though its not like that ,i have pimples on my face in regular but when thy come thy r bad
Posted Thu, 22 Nov 2012 in Acne
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 4 hours later

The symptoms you mentioned are indicating that you are suffering from acne vulgaris. It occurs due to increased level of hormones like testosterone, and its derivatives. It is most common for puberty.
But for confirmation of diagnosis you have to consult with a dermatologist.

The treatment of acne vulgaris includes following
1. Thorough face wash regularly.
2. Benzoyl peroxide group of drugs should be used locally.
3. Oral antibiotics like azithromycin group of drugs are used for infective etiology.
4. Topical or systemic steroids are also indicated in refractory condition.
5. Isotretinoins are used either locally or systemically for these lesions.
6. Other newer treatment modalities are also very satisfactory in this condition. Among these some laser therapy are most promising.

So, you should consult with a dermatologist for confirmation of diagnosis by physical examination and choosing specific agents among the abovementioned treatment modalities.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know if you have any more question.

Follow-up: How to get rid of painful pimples? 36 minutes later
any specific name of drugs that i can take
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 23 minutes later

The drugs mentioned above are sold against a prescription of a doctor. But here we cannot give you any prescription. Because it is impractical.
Follow my abovementioned instructions.
Consult with dermatologist for prescription.