How to get rid of painful mole?

Sep 2012

Hi I have a mole on the side of my next it has been there since I can remember but now it is very sore to touch and it seems to have bumps that are raised on it?
Posted Fri, 7 Dec 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 1 hour later
Thank you for posting query.

Firstly, a mole is a hyperpigmented spot. That means there is presence of increased melanin, produced by melanocyte.

Basically, it is a benign condition which require no treatment. But, some signs are indicative of malignant change in these lesions. These signs are
1. Recent increase in size, shape.
2. Development of itching sensation.
3. Recent development of inflammation.
So, from the above discussion, it is clear that the signs you described are suspicious.

Only investigation that is needed to confirm it is excisional biopsy and histopathological examination of that biopsy material.

You should consult with a general surgeon for clinical examination, performing excisional biopsy and for further management.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.