How to get rid of pain in the side of jaw, swollen glands and teeth pain while biting?

Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist
Hi there. I have pain in the left side of my jaw - glands swollen I think, and when I bite with my teeth there is pain. How can I eliminate this?
Posted Thu, 2 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 16 minutes later
Brief Answer: Take pain killers and wait a week. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for using Healthcare Magic. If you have swollen glands, this would be enough to give you pain when you bite your teeth together. To reduce this take paracetamol and ibuprofen. This will help both pain and inflammation. If this does not settle in a week, I suggest you see your dentist to rule out any problems with your gums or teeth. I hope this is of help. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. Regards, Dr K A Pottinger, MBChB FRCA