How to get rid of masturbation ?

I m doing masturbation since 10 years ,2 to 3 times in a day i had left this habbit from last one month.i want to know how can i get rid off this and cure my health.please suggest some thing.And also i want to know is there any problem through which i can suffer in future and while sex with my girlfriend i fall very early. Now a days i am having joint pain also.
Posted Fri, 22 Jun 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Hello and thanks for the query.
Despite what many of us may have been told by our parents, teachers, or religious leaders, masturbation does not cause physical injury or harm to the body.  We’ve all heard the many myths about masturbation.  Here are some of the leading myths:
·         Masturbation leads to blindness
·         Masturbation causes you to become impotent later in life
·         Masturbation leads to mental illness
·         Masturbation permanently reduces libido, desire, and/or sexual performance
·         Masturbation permanently reduces the quantity or quality of semen

We are happy to report that all of these myths and misconceptions have been proven to be false by the medical community. 

Despite the fact that there are no physical health consequences that may result from the practice of masturbation, there are emotional aspects that should be taken into consideration. 

For example, if masturbation occurs within a marriage or relationship between two individuals where self-pleasure takes the place of having sex with a partner, this act could potentially damage the self-esteem of the latter.

Furthermore, masturbation may have negative social consequences if one becomes preoccupied with self-pleasure to the point that it interferes with one’s job and one’s social relationships.  

Sexual obsession or sexual addiction may result in socially and financially detrimental consequences including using sexually explicit phone lines, visiting x-rated web sites and sex-related chat rooms, or exposing oneself in public. 

Most of concerns associated with the act of masturbation stems from the guilt within a person.

Masturbation is a considered a natural and safe (both physically and emotionally) way for men and women.  

·         May help to reduce stress and release sexual tension
·         Masturbation eliminates the potential for pregnancy or transmission of sexually transmitted diseases.

·         Frequent and vigorous masturbation may produce skin abrasions or superficial bruising/temporary discoloration.
·         Masturbation may become an obsession or addiction.

Masturbation may become an obsession or addiction which is generally felt to be the case if it reduces time available to participate in other activities (i.e. social relationships, job, work). This may lead to diversion of income toward sex merchandises (i.e. videotapes, chat rooms, online pornography, phone chat lines).

Enjoy your life and be guilt free.
Do following things for improvement of general health
Regular exercises.
Do yoga and XXXXXXX breathing exercises.
Take plenty of XXXXXXX vegetables and fresh fruits and drink plenty of water.
Avoiding smoking and alcohol.

Your joint pains has nothing to do with masturbation and should go away with better nutrition and better life style.
I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck.