How to get rid of knee joint pain after trekking and long walk?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Hello. How to remove my leg and knee joint pain after doing lot of excursion like trekking and walking for long distances?
Posted Wed, 1 Jan 2014 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Rest, ice, compression, and elevation Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. When it hurts, you need to avoid repetitive knee flexion and extension, and apply RICE (rest, ice, compression, and elevation) to the aching spot. Repeat RICE until you are symptom-free. To prevent the problem, keep your knees and legs supple with regular stretching exercises. You can take analgesic anti-inflammatory medications like Advil or Aleve to reduce the pain and inflammation.Gentle massaging of the painful area with muscle relaxant gel may also help. I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care