How to get rid of itchy bumps on butt cheeks?

Dermatologist
Question
Itching on tailbone and itchy bumps on butt cheeks. Is there anything I can take to get rid of this itching???
Posted Tue, 28 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 24 minutes later
Brief Answer: Itchy rash over Buttocks Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to healthcare magic, From your description I am thinking of fungal infection (Tinea). You have a feature to upload the images by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your query better. You can also send the image as attachment to YYYY@YYYY , with the subject as 'Attn: Dr. Johny Chacko'. Do not worry about the privacy as this site takes utmost care to maintain privacy. Antifungal cream like clotrimazole 1% or Terbinafine 1% twice a day for 3 to 4 weeks usually cures fungal infection. Hope this helped, Take care