How to get rid of itching sensation with sensitive skin?

Hii, I get itching every third day. I have shown the Doctor and he told me that your skin is very sensitive. He told me to eat Xyzal 5 mg every day in night which I am taking regularly from last 2 months but still no result.
Posted Thu, 9 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 8 hours later
Brief Answer: Hi Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX Xyzal is to be taken only if itching is present. If it is not helping with the itch then the cause may be non-allergic. Thus we need to rule out some organic causes of itching like liver dysfunction, kidney issues, thyroid issues, etc. Thus I will suggest you to get some blood tests done like: - Complete hemogram - Thyroid profile - Blood urea nitrogen, Serum creatinine - Serum bilirubin, SGOT, SGPT In the meanwhile, you can try the following: - Barrier creams, moisturizers, emolliets for example cetaphil cream, etc - Avoid antiseptic soaps and creams. Use mild soaps. - Can try a cream or facewash that has salicylic acid - Take Xyzal only if itching is present. Do not take it every day. - Take hygienic food and clean drinking water. Hope it helps. Dr Vaishalee