How to get rid of itchiness getting especially in autumn and winter?

Infectious Diseases Specialist
Hi, I'm a allergic person from my childhood. I had allergy to foods fish, egg, nuts and fruits like orange if I mixed them. Now I'v been suffering from itching for two years, this state appear with me only in autumn and winter. I have itching especially on my arm from elbow to wrist and back side and sides where my body is weak. I'd taken Citrezine 10 and Dioxpam before and it helped me, but now I'v already been taking it for month not any effect. I'm 50 years old , female and 56 kg weight, I'm a nervous and can fall in to slight depression very easily. I'v recently given bood test and everything was OK with my test only chlorestrol was high. My e-mail: YYYY@YYYY Thank you in advance
Posted Fri, 3 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Fatbardha Sejdini 58 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please follow the suggestions below.... Detailed Answer: Hi, Being nervous and falling easilty into depression is related to your age (pre/menopausal stage). Therefore, it is normal for you to suffer from such problems due to hormonal changes. With regards to feeling itchy especially in the autumn or winter, it could be related to: - possible dried skin due to cold weather - possible intestinal parasitic infections (especially protozoan or woms) that can flourish in autumn. So, apart taking antihistaminics to reduce itchiness, I'd also advise: - to keep your skin well cleaned, dried, and moistourized - check for possible fungal skin infection with dermatologist - do the examination of the stool for ova/parasites - check your blood hormones levels - do the liver function tests - avoid eating or smelling the foods you are allergic to Hope it helped! Feel free to ask me other questions you might have at the next follow up! Dr.Bardha
Follow-up: How to get rid of itchiness getting especially in autumn and winter? 24 hours later
Dear Doctor, I would like to take into your consideration that, might be depression is relate to my age as you mentioned above, but I have already been suffering from nervous over twenty years. And would like to give you additional information about myself. I take extremely care of my neatness and I am very sensitive with all meaning this word and my body is too. I eat only natural fresh foods and drink only tea black or green, no juice and any drink, even I do not eat and drink out only at my own home and hand making. I also take care of my healthy, I do check-up every year in Iran-Tehran. I have just done check-up and blood biochemistry and Hormones tests in early December, everything was normal only cholesterol total was high - 241 mg/dl. and my liver function was well. I want you to that in my family all of us (mouther, sisters) cholesterol is high and some of us has different tape of allergy and abdominal-intestinal problems. Only my mother had allergy similar mine itching only back side of body, she was also nervous and very sensitive person. When I mix foods allergy is appears with invisible under skin rush only my face and it was approved by allergolog in Tehran. I did not visit him in this time so that, I thought if I would repeat the same prescription of medicine it would affect, but it did not as I mentioned in my first query. I did only not give the stool test and I will do it as soon as possible. And I have taken cure of my intestinal problem and go to stool regularly. I think those informations will be helpful for your investigation of my situation. Thank you in advance.
Answered by Dr. Fatbardha Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please refer to the following suggestions... Detailed Answer: Hi my dear, I am happy to hear that all your recent tests resulted normal. I am also happy to come to know that you take good care of your health and are always following up with your physician. With regards to your itching problems, I still remain firm to the previous suggestions: - check your stool for ova/parasites - get your skin checked by a dermatologist to rule out fungal infection - it could be partially related to hormonal changes (although the overall balance is ok) and to your being anxious. If everything is ok, then, it could be because of anxiety or genetic. Looking forward to have the results of your stool exams soon! All the best my dear! Dr.Bardha