How to get rid of hair fall, dark round ring on neck and under arm?

I want to get rid of dark ring round my neck and dark under arms. Also hair fall is more. Please help
Posted Sat, 27 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kruti 47 minutes later
I will be glad to be of assistance.
The dark ring around your neck is most likely pseudoacanthosis nigricans. The most common cause of it is obesity. The treatment of pseudoacanthosis nigricans is slightly difficult. It presents as darkening and velvety appearance of the skin of the nape of the neck most often.

Application of glycolic acid cream 12% at night daily for 6 weeks will help in lightening it to some extent.

Dark underarms occur as a result of hormonal changes and also due to obesity as a part of Pseudoacanthosis nigricans. application of glycolic acid 6% cream for 2 hrs at night will be helpful.

For the hairfall I would recommend taking 10 mg of biotin supplements daily. That would keep the hairfall in control. In case of any iron or doctor to get these levels checked.

Please let me know if you have any more queries.