How to get rid of gas formation in the stomach?

(Dr XXXXXXX chandra)
Hi,i m 27 by age,i am suffering from a lot of gas formation in the stomach.i bloat a lot.even i suffer pain in my back neck some times headache and even stomach (upper left side near reft ribs and when i bloat the pain comes down). my stool mostly remains very hard to pass.i m suffering from gas since last 3 years..sometimes there occurs acidity also.nearly eight months back i even used to have semi liquid motions with mucus but it has subsided completely after i took aurvedic i don't have loose motions ever but it generally remains very hard and appetite is very low.dont like to eat anything.after eating my stomach gets filled with gas a lot.i even went through certain test two months back and there TSH was (4.44),RBC was 3.96,hemoglobin12.1,hematocrit 35.6,RCD width 14.2,mean platelet volume 14.1,sgot 32,sgpt 49,alkaline phosphatase 186,lactate dehydrogenase 246.( this was from religare) i want to be consulted by dr XXXXXXX XXXXXXX ks
Posted Sat, 12 Jan 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 13 hours later
Hi and thanks for contacting Healthcaremagic
Going by the profile stated the bloating that you are suffering is probably secondary to the intestinal problem. With TSH being normal the change in the stool consistency - from soft stool with mucus to constipation is suggestive of proctosigmoiditis; ie inflammation in the last part of your large intestine.
I would like to know -
1) If you have pain / discomfort around the anal area
2) Any bleeding in stools
3) Any change in weight
4) Any itchyness
Also get stool routine examination on 3 consequtive days along with a blood test - CRP (quantitative)
Meanwhile use a 3 teaspoons of a powder - GUSH/ Download/ Freego with 250ml of water twicw a day after food and avoid milk for 2 weeks.
Follow-up: How to get rid of gas formation in the stomach? 3 hours later
1)No, pain does not continue all the time but it happens when the stool is very hard and that also for few minutes.
2)No bleeding in normal stools but when i have very tight stool(so tight that i use my fingers to take that out) the blood comes(two or three drops).
3)Three months back my weight was 62 kg but now it has come down to 58 kg.I think it is because of my very poor appetite.even i was not taking milk and fat (oil) products since that was barred by the Aurvedic doctor since last four months.
4)No i dont have any itchyness.
Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 12 hours later
Hi and thanks for the information
Please get the above said tests and may be even a lower GI endoscopy. Continue with the medications as explained earlier and get back with the results. You may also do sitz bath twice a day.
Follow-up: How to get rid of gas formation in the stomach? 4 days later
1)I have attached the reports as per your instruction..Since last nearly twelve days I am even not having hard stool.(I started taking a lot of water and fruits and roughage). My level of gas formation has come down but still there is uneasiness due to gas formed and bloating i m going throughout the day..

2)On the first day i was detected with occult blood.(may be beacuse i was eating black currant(munakka) and papaya in good quantity even guava)..for rest of the two days stool examination i did not take those things..should i go for more stool tests as suggested in the first report?
My stool now is normal as far as the hardness is concerned..and i think i don't need sitz bath since i don't have any kind of problem like wound or any pain or anything like pain near the anus region.........
please suggest what to be done next... and one more thing that i don't feel to eat...even for the food I liked to eat earlier i find myself eating few only that tastes good and i wish to eat but cant eat after few morsels......

The reports are all fine and it is good to hear thet the stool consistency has also normalised.
The apetite will also improve overtime. Take some zinc supplement in the form of tab Cobadex CZS twice a day for 2 weeks and continue with the powder suggested before. You may restart milk after a week in a graded manner. As rest of the stool analysis looks normal we will discount the occult blood as of now.
Continue your good diet and we shall review after 2 weeks and plan further if you are still troubled.
Dr Poornachandrra
hello doctor ,
I have gone through a lot of dietry restrictions like not eating( beans grams,rajma,no milk and milk products,no spicy food,very less oily food,no potato,no refrigerated products,no nonveg items,cauliflower,cabbbage,tomato,maize products,apples,banana ,curd,barly,no sweets,icecream)since last five months nearly...

I have all of the time taken chappti,pulse (of moong only),papaya,Guava,ladies finger,rice,pears,pomegranate ,pumpkin,bittergaurd,only...(and with this i have taken aurvedic formulations)
I have followed the diet restriction strictly...even going through this at present...

So actually i want to drive home the point that may be I am suffering from any can i have some test done so that i get to know the deficiency of any mineral or vitamin..since i feel like dizziness and weak when i do some phyical work even prolonged mental work(I am a financial analyst)(even very mild cramps and strain in biceps and thigh muscles otherwise it used to remain very fine earlier) ..yes i m even a vegeterian person...even i want to tell that i suffer from skin allergies (like swelling and itching very quickly at the consumption of antibiotics mostly around eyes and even develop wounds around neck eyes and shoulders)the wounds happen and gets healed on its own after sometime.)It has started happening after i suffered badly from amoxyline reaction.but now this symptom has subsided to a great extent but still persisting at low profile)..
I M happy at the way I have got the response from U..
Many many Thanks doctor,
And what about the Increased level of Alkaline Phosphatase In my lever.Is that worrisome?That was nearly two and half months back report and i have attached that liver report also here on this website.That was high, by breaking the upper margin by nearly 50 points as per report.But rest of the things(SGOT,SGPT,Bilirubin,GGT,Total protein) were within range.
I am in bangalore and I think You are also in bangalore so can it happen that we can XXXXXXX so that u can even have the proper face to face examination if possible ......
Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 3 hours later
Hi and thanks for airing your concerns
I would advice you to have balanced food with some fibres. A restrictive diet is counterproductive
ALP is raised in both liver (when other enzymes are abnormal) and in bony problems.
You can get yourself tested for Serum Vit B12 and Vit D3
You could fix up an appointment with me at Fortis hospital, Bannergatta road so that we can clarify this issue further
Follow-up: How to get rid of gas formation in the stomach? 3 days later
i have already attached the above said reports.....please suggest as required....I even some times suffer from mild acidity.but this is rare..can i have antacids in case i suffer from this..
Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 7 hours later
From the reports it is quite clear that you have bot Vit B12 and D3 defeciency. It will be better if we work you up to look for the cause. You could XXXXXXX me at Fortis hospital in the next week.
Meanwhile you can have some supplements and have some eggs and non vegetarian food. You can have antacids as and when required
Follow-up: How to get rid of gas formation in the stomach? 8 hours later
Which supplements I should have in order to drive away these two vitamin deficiencies.As far as the meeting is concerned what should be the date i should XXXXXXX you?What is the intensity of deficiency?thanks..
Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 28 hours later
as i had written earlier Egg is a XXXXXXX source of Vit D3 and B12
As far as supplemental talets are concerned I would prescribe them when you XXXXXXX me
You can fix an appointment at your convenience with the hospital
Follow-up: How to get rid of gas formation in the stomach? 2 hours later
Ok doctor,
I am already taking Cobadex CZS and( Cobadex Forte-BOMPLEX with vitamin C capsules.)..i have fxed the appontment for Tuesday 9 O Clock morning.
Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 26 hours later
Okay, will XXXXXXX you on Tuesday
Follow-up: How to get rid of gas formation in the stomach? 17 days later

I wanted to say that I was having a lot of (severe)itching around anus region and even used to develop wounds(but no wounds now ) when i reacted with amoxylline nearly one year back.. with the help of medication against that reaction, that itching subsided to a considerable level so much so that it was completely ignorable....ultimately that ended on the continuous line but i used to have the itching once in a blue moon and i used to ignore that completely...

So actually i want to say that what ever the bopsy samples have been taken ,can the investigaon on that be done on the line of amoxylline reaction also....

Follow-up: How to get rid of gas formation in the stomach? 6 hours later
Hi Sir,
i am not getting the medicine prescribed by you as 'Sporcid' instead I am getting sparacid ds...I am confused can you please clear the confusion and even the number of days i have to use it tablet.........
Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 15 hours later
Sparacid DS should have sucralfate as its content. Ude it till you come back with biosy reports
Follow-up: How to get rid of gas formation in the stomach? 26 hours later
1)I have started taking sparacid ds with suralfate...I am taking the dose as 5 ml four times a day empty stomach as given.....

2)doctor nearly two months back i did have hematology also done and i have even attatched that here with other reports....

there :--
RBC :- rbc's are normocytic normochromic cells and
Impression :- normocytic normochromic anaemia

doctor can you please help me know about this..actually i was even running the deficiency of Vitamin B12 at that time( undiagnosed )..
is it attached to this ....
what is intrinsic factor and do i again run the chance of getting into the deficiency of Vit B12 in future even though i turn non vegeterian because of this....

Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 45 hours later
I am a bit confused as I think I had asked you to take sparsid DS as a suppository.
Please recheck and we will discuss rest in person when you come back with biopsy report