How to get rid of fluid, clicking and grinding in knee ?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
thanks for advise i have seen my doc now how do i help getting rid of fluid and clicking and grinding in knee ?
Posted Thu, 5 Sep 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 24 minutes later
The fluid in the knee, clicking and grinding are all suggestive of inflammatory changes most commonly due to osteoarthritis.
The treatment options include pain killers, hot fomentation, lubricating agents like glucosamine sulfate, chondroitin , dycerin, etc and some life style modifications and physiotherapy.
Since you have started with the necessary medicines, you are likely to feel better in next 5-7 days. It is suggested to add calcium supplements 500mg each twice daily.
You can start with walking and aerobic fitness exercises, quadriceps strengthening, patellar tapping, lateral heel wedges, etc- under the guidance of your physiotherapist.
A Big No to Stair case, squatting postures, any chair which has a sitting platform lower than your knees.
Knee brace can also be used for an earlier and prolonged relief.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: How to get rid of fluid, clicking and grinding in knee ? 2 minutes later
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 8 minutes later
I am glad I could help.
You can consult me again directly through my profile URL
Please accept my answer in case there are no further queries and recommend our services to your friends too if you have found it helpful.
I wish you the very best in whatever you do.
Warm regards