How to get rid of desire to sniff strong odors like alcohol and paints?

yes for some reason for the past 2 months or so I have had the esire to sniff strong odors like alcohol strong cleansers and oil based paint. can you help me
Posted Mon, 30 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Desensitization therapy Detailed Answer: Hello.Thanks for writing on XXXXXXX In my opinion volatile substances especially alcohol, paint, cleansers are strong stimulants which irritate the nasal neurons and this result in sniffing. I would suggest you to identify such substances & avoid them (exposure to volatile substances) as far as possible to prevent sniffing. There is no medication to prevent sniffing. Desensitization therapy might offer some benefit. Discuss with an ENT specialist if this doesn't help. Hope I have answered your question. Keep us posted for further queries.