How to get rid of cold legs and feet along with dizziness when turning head?

I have cold legs and feet. I also seem to be dizzy at times when turning my head even when sitting. I tried compression socks which helps with the cold legs and feet but not a cure.
Posted Sat, 28 Dec 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 39 minutes later
Brief Answer: the coldness may be related to circulation Detailed Answer: HI, thanks for using healthcare magic Dizziness and/or vertigo that occurs when the position of the head is altered for example turning the head, can occur due to different causes. The most common would be: (1) BPPV- benign paroxysmal positional vertigo- this is a condition related to the inner ear. It is associated with episodes of dizziness that last a few seconds. It is treated mainly by the performance of a particular maneuver called Epley's maneuver. This is done by a doctor (2)another possible cause is related to the circulation to the brain. Blood is carried by the carotid arteries. Cholesterol plaques can sometimes be found in these and other arteries, these can affect the blood flow. If these plaques are present, certain positions of the head can worsen the blood flow to the brain,this can result in dizziness if this occurred. These plaques can sometimes be detected by examination by a doctor who can hear 'bruit-'- loud rushing noise in the blood vessels This can be confirmed by investigations. The coldness in the legs and feet may also be related to a decrease in circulation. You may want your doctor to assess your circulation in both the neck and in your lower limbs. He or she may also do a ENT examination. There are factors that increase the risk of circulation problems such as hypertension, high cholesterol, diabetes, smoking, increased weight, inactivity. I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions