How to get rid of burning sensation in breast and throat?

Hi, I started having a sharp pain on my left side,on the upper inner side of my left breast. The pain is not in my breast though but more inside. It started about a year and a half ago and is now spread. Their is a specific spot where I mentionned first but now is seems to spread all over my left side (like around my breast or inside) I feel the same pain going up on the left side of my throat. The pain is like a sharp burning sensation. As if someone put their finger and presses hard and the burn with it. It use to go and come back, but now it stays and is more and more intense...My Doctor a year ago said it was probably my rib cage that was inflammed and not to worry. But now it is getting worse. I went to the hospital about two months ago because the chest pain on the left side was more intense. The Doctor passed me a scan for lungs and a treadmill test for my heart. Everything turned out good. I even took anti-infammatory medication incase it was inflammation in my ribcage. The pain is getting worse and like I said going up to the left side of my throat. I am really discouraged. I know it`s not in my head and I wish I knew what I have, Please help me. Thank You XXXXXXX
Posted Sat, 26 Jan 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
Its definitely not in your head . It looks like radicular pain along thoracic spinal nerves. You may need one more investigation , MRI spine. It will diagnose possible disc prolapse or any spinal lesion.
I think you need to consult your physician again and discuss the increased symptoms. Basic investigations are already done so further line of management depends on clinical examination.
There is remote possibility of herpes infection known as shingles. It may also cause such radicular pain. For that , your past history of infection ( in case you had chicken pox in the past_ is needed.

Hope that helps
Let me know if you have more concerns