How to get rid of acne marks on face?

I have acne marks on my face. I want to get rid of that.
Posted Sat, 7 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Continue vitamin C Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXX, Thanks for writing in. Acne spots and scars are a common problem. Before suggesting the treatment I would like to know- Do you have only black spots or you have depressed acne scars too? A variety of treatments and procedures are now available for acne marks. In my clinic patients with acne marks are benefited procedures like chemical peels ,dermabrasion ,Co2 laser treatment etc. These are very effective treatments and can give you very good results in shorter duration. For home based treatment you can take Vitamin C tablets orally and Use good sunscreen during daytime.Sunprotection is the basis of any cosmetic procedure.Using sunscreen and maintaining sunprotection is very much important for any cosmetic treatment. Few topical creams containing adapalene , vitamin C ,kojic acid , arbutin ,glabridin are effective for treating acne marks. If you can upload the photo of your face it would help a lot in suggesting specific treatment in your case. Upload the images and answer the question above to continue our discussion here. I would be available for follow up. Regards DrSudarshan MD Dermatology
Follow-up: How to get rid of acne marks on face? 16 hours later
HI doctor, Thanks for replying. Here i want to clear that i am not taking vitamin c orally i am just applying Vitamin C serum and other thing i want to know that What is the charge for per sitting of chemical peeling. and how much sittings are required for a normal case as mine scars are normal nor seveire
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 46 hours later
Brief Answer: Continue vitamin C serum. Detailed Answer: Hi again XXXXX, Its good to know that you are using vitamin C serum topically.It is also useful for acne marks.You should continue topical vitamin c serum. Also you can use adapalene containing skin gel at night time.It will help in correcting scars over the time. Regarding chemical peeling ,in normal cases minimum of 5-6 sitting are required for visible /noticeable effect.Cost per sitting varies from place to place and clinic to clinic .It can be Rs 1000 to 3000 per sitting.It can be even more in some cosmetic clinic chains .Glycolic acid peels are mostly used and found to be more effective.Also some combination peels can also be used. Hope this helps. I will be available for follow up. Regards DrSudarshan