How to get rid of abdominal fat?

Hello Doctor My name is XXXX from India. I am 31 yr old and facing the problem of extra FAT on stomach. Sometime I feel very uneasy as my stomach is overloaded. But I don't have such huge thing. Also I am trying to reduce the FAT by exercises but it is too long. Please suggest me how to get rid of this problem. Thanks
Posted Fri, 29 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Consider health problems,diet, exercises. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for the query. It’s good that you are worried about your abdominal fat. You are still young & the consciousness will help you to be away from ill health in future. To reduce abdominal girth needs a continuous & constant effort by your own determination. I would like to point out, that slow & steady effort gives a permanent & beneficial result than a quick /magic result achieved by drastic dietary regimes I would like to suggest you few things in this regard- * - Get a complete medical check up/ investigations to rule out certain medical conditions causing fat on abdomen. .Diabetes, high cholesterol, hypothyroidism (Specific treatments by a physician along with personal efforts will be needed.) * Digestive problems causing bloating& abdominal distention ( specific treatment by a Gastroenterologist ,learning good eating habits , balanced diet are needed along with other efforts ) - A regular high protein, XXXXXXX vitamin, mineral, low calorie diet planned by a dietitian. * -A regular exercise for a good physique with a special attention to abdominal muscles. - A brisk walk/ jogging for 45 minutes to burn out extra fats. The aim of diet & exercise planning should be - To burn out the fats - To develop strong abdominal muscles. * -Yoga exercises -especially for abdominal fat like XXXXXXX namaskara is helpful - Respiratory exercises (Pranayamas) -especially Kapalbhati, agnisarkriya, Nauli XXXXXXX are especially for abdominal muscles development/reduction of abdominal girth. * Avoiding stress/strain in life is important. * Having sound sleep for 6-hours minimum is desired for. Thus, a determined effort along with dietary management, cautious exercises& control of health problems if any, would help you to reach your goal within few months. I hope, the answer will help you to get rid of your problem. Any other query, I will answer happily. Thanks.