How to get rid of PCOS?

can you get rid of pocs?
Posted Wed, 10 Jul 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 7 days later
Very frankly speaking,PCOS can not be cured but it can definitely be controlled by judicious use of lifestyle changes and proper use of medications.
It is very important to control your PCOS to avoid various types of future complications.
The most important treatment of PCOS is regular aerobic exercises for atleast 45 minutes to 1 hour a day and shedding your weight do as to be able to be around your required BMI.
Since this topic is very vast,I would want to know about any specific query or queries in your mind,which I can help in answering and removing any doubts in you.
Best of luck
Follow-up: How to get rid of PCOS? 4 minutes later
could I still have kids even though I have pcos
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 5 hours later
Yes, you can get pregnant and have kids.
The most common problem in PCOS is lack of ovulation or ovulation disorders which result in infertility.
The only difference between  normal female and a PCOS female is,that if a normal female takes few months to get pregnant,a female with PCOS may take months or a year to get pregnant.
A proper healthy diet,regular exercises,reduction of weight and different medications are the cornerstone of treatment.
Since you know now that you are a patient of PCOS,you must consult a fertility specialist before starting your plan for conception.
Your fertility specialist will manage your conception from beginning and guide you properly.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck