How to get rid of Minocycline side effects?

Hello Doctor, I recently was prescribed Minocycline for my skin, and I took 400mg the first day (200mg - 2 times), then the next morning I took another 100mg. Since that point I have completely stopped taking the medication due to dizzieness, vertigo, and a wierd "swimming" feeling in my head; plus a lack of ability to focus normally. It is the start of the third day since I have not taken any, and the swimming feeling is still there, as well as a little vertigo, and lack of focus. It is not as bad as the first day, but when can I expect these side effects to be gone completely? How long can this take? Thank you! XXXX
Posted Fri, 7 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later
Brief Answer: 3 to 4 days Detailed Answer: Hi, thanks for your query. It may take about 3 to 4 days for all the metabolites of Minocycline to be washed out or detoxified from the body. It is only after that you may not have those symptoms completely. Do take ample amount of water, this will help to remove the metabolites from the blood at a faster rate. Hope, I answered your query. Please let me know if there are any doubts. regards,
Follow-up: How to get rid of Minocycline side effects? 17 minutes later
Ok thank you for the response Dr. Raju! It has almost been 3 full days, however i will wait another day and see how I feel. I will start drinking even more water also, thanks for that tip. Sincerely, XXXX
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: You are welcome Detailed Answer: Thanks for using this service. Please revert back in case the symptoms persist. We shall discuss on the same. Regards,