How to get rid of Colcryse side effects?

We suspect my brother is suffering from a severe reaction to colcrys. severe pain in extremities Fever, cold clamy feet and hands, headache and more. He saw his doctor a 12 days ago who took him off the med. He still is having persisting symptoms. He's gone back to the ER because of the pain and is not getting much help from pain meds. He's seeing his doctor today but we fear his doctor is not on board with this being a possible reaction to colcrys. what specialist should we consult to investigate this further? Any help appreciated.
Posted Sat, 8 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Seek a Rheumatologist Detailed Answer: Thank you for Asking XXXX I am Dr S Khan and i would like to help you with your brother gout condition flaring up despite being on colchicine and I want you to know that all the symptoms right now including pain in extremities, headaches, cold clammy peripheries and fever indicates gout flares up and it needs an acute treatment with a combination of Colchicine, steroids and NSAIDs under strict observation of a rheumatologist under the guidelines of American college of rheumatology. Colchicine itself has adverse effects like this but as the medicines has been off the table for last 12 days , it decreases the odds for a medicine adverse effect and makes it a gout flare up. Associated condition of hypertension, Already atrial fibrillation and pre diabetes makes the issue more worsening. Seek a good competent rheumatologist and let him help your brother. Right now a triad of steroids, NSAIDs and colchicine would help. Hope it helps. Take care and close the discussion please. Regards