How to get relief from pain in upper arm and shoulder?

Dec 2012

i have pain in my upper arms and shoulders to put a coat on is painful makes my job hard i do cleaning its painful to hold a broom and sleep hurts pain down to elbow and in muscle
Posted Sat, 16 Mar 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 21 minutes later

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

From your description it looks like a typical case of fibromyagia (usually of unknown origin) but due to your age it could be as a result of tear and wear of muscles. You will need to consult an orthopedic surgeon who can run some scans to determine its cause.
Neuralgic pains could also be responsible. Your blood pressure needs to checked and put under control. You can start with OTC pain killers to manage the pains while the cause is been determined by your doctor.

Hope this helps
Dr Nsah