How to get relief from headache, low appetite, negative thoughts and sleepless night?

Nov 2013

My name is XXXXXXX XXXXXXX 25 yr old.I completed my last yr n struggling4jobs. My problem is sleepless night. I hv
much pressure like from parents side for job n marriage. I'm already in a relationship. N I'm noticing dat nothing is going right in my life. Bcj of all these things i dint getsleep at night,after trying too much i get sleep at 4 or 4:30am n woke up at 10 or 11am. after dat also i dint feel good,headache,lasyness,no interest on food,feeling very negative.
Please help me.
Posted Sat, 27 Apr 2013 in Sleep Disorders
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 55 minutes later

Thank you for posting your query.

I have understood your problem. It is related to stress that has been created due to inability to find a suitable job as per your qualification as well as pressure from parents to get married. These are leading to depression, anxiety and sleep disorder.

Medications that would be helpful for you at this stage are escitalopram (for depression) and clonazepam (for anxiety and sleep problem).

However, until the underlying problems are resolved, you would not completely get better. Regarding job, you could try in Hyderabad or Bangalore, as there are many good software companies and several people from Bihar, UP, etc are working here. Regarding marriage, do your parents accept your current relationship or are they suggesting someone of their choice?

I hope it helps. I would be pleased to answer any follow up queries.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist