How to get relief from constipation and bloating?

Good

Gastroenterologist
Question
Hi, i have constipation, bloatedness, gas from many days. Everytime i eat i can feel the food very slowly going down the digestive tract and almost a feeling that my digestion has slowed. I pass proper motions only once in 3 days now and can feel a secer lack of motility or liquidity as if the system has clogged. Please help
Posted Mon, 14 Jan 2013 in Constipation

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 15 minutes later
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini, Gastroenterologist and I am pleased to answer your query.

For relief from constipation, you need to drink plenty of fluids and eat a high fiber diet including XXXXXXX leafy vegetables and fruits.

Fiber supplements are available in the market. I usually prescribe Laispeg for my patients. You can take that. One scoop twice a day mixed in 250 ml of water.

I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions, kindly accept this answer and rate this service.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini

Follow-up: How to get relief from constipation and bloating? 8 minutes later
I have a lotof fiber in my diet through oats, vegetables and i drink lot of water already. I am a fit person who does regular excercise and dancing and i eat very clean. So i am already doing all of the above. I feel that there is some problem with my digestive system or there is lack of contractions in my intestine. Can i take any enzyme supplements or what do you suggest to improve contractions as i feel this is the main problem.

Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 18 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX
Since you are having constipation in spite of taking high fiber diet, drinking lot of water and doing regular exercise, you need to undergo certain tests to find the underlying cause.

The next step is to assess your colonic transit time. Based on whether you have a normal transit or a slow transit, further evaluation should be done. The treatment differs for these two different types of constipation.

Meanwhile try to take additional fibers in the form of fiber supplements ( eg. cremadiet duo).

I hope that answers your question.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini
I hope that answers